What You Get:
- Small, informal classes (20 student limit) that are made up of other freshmen and a few sophomores.
- An opportunity to explore ideas with faculty members on many subjects of mutual interest.
- An opportunity to earn 1-unit of credit on a P/NP basis.
- Freshman seminars meet for eight to ten hours during the quarter (most seminars meet once a week).
What's Expected of You:
- Attendance is an important factor in your learning because of the reduced workload and 1-unit of credit.
- Sharing ideas in an important academic skill that can only be acquired through practice.
Freshman Seminars may require readings, projects, short papers, or quizzes. Students state that 1 - 2 hours per week of outside work can be expected.
New seminars offered every quarter.